Once a week I am going to try and share a few of our favorite BLW recipes. Hopefully this will help me keep trying new foods and not get stuck feeding Emerson the same thing.
Baby Pancakes: I use this pan and it makes the perfect baby-sized pancakes!
- 1 cup oat flour (I have made my own by simply putting raw oats in the food processor and I have bought Bob’s Red Mill Oat Flour, both work great)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (I have also used soy milk, or you can use regular milk we just can’t because of E’s dairy intolerance)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg (I forgot this in the last batch and didn’t notice much of a difference, just FYI)
- Splash of vanilla
- few shakes of cinnamon (I’ve also used pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, apple pie spice.. get creative!)
- Mix all together
- Grease a non-stick pan with oil or butter (I use Earth Balance)
- Cook all the way through (especially if you use an egg)
This recipe makes a fair amount of pancakes. I usually put them in the freezer to keep them longer. As I use them I just pop them in the toaster for a few minutes and they are perfect! E usually eats 2.5 and a banana for breakfast #hungryhungryhippo